Welcome to The PA Team
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Aayush : (15 April 2014 - 06:51 AM) hi gaby
@  Aayush : (15 April 2014 - 06:50 AM) hello
@  Gaby_64 : (06 April 2014 - 02:19 PM) still going
@  Gaby_64 : (14 January 2014 - 04:48 AM) surprised to see this forum still up
@  QUAKEPC : (21 September 2013 - 01:26 AM) :) BBS didnt work? Such luck- ttyl --wanted to make a dramtic exit-but failed.. :)
@  QUAKEPC : (21 September 2013 - 01:25 AM) Posted ImageLet's Frag!
@  z2442/joey : (20 July 2013 - 02:14 PM) yes
@  Gaby_64 : (17 July 2013 - 01:42 PM) still alive
@  ErikPshat : (28 June 2013 - 04:47 PM) Hello World!
@  DJKMan : (09 May 2013 - 09:17 PM) Im loving the new look of the forum. :)
@  bbtgp : (09 May 2013 - 02:48 PM) IP changed. Ctrl-F5. Give it time to update.
@  bbtgp : (30 April 2013 - 03:49 AM) If your having problems with stuff not loading on the forum, its probably because of the suhosin extension on this server. It restricts certain settings that i have no control over. PM me the url it occurred on anyways.
@  bbtgp : (30 April 2013 - 03:47 AM) Finally! Now i can see what topics are active
@  Shibo : (28 April 2013 - 05:50 PM) I got the page refreshing without any message log. But it works now. Thanks :)
@  bedspring : (20 April 2013 - 12:18 AM) bbtgp:: i just tested it with this account and it works fine. what error are you getting? http://psp.bbtgp.net...a=email&do=show
@  Shibo : (19 April 2013 - 11:57 AM) Password change form doesn't submit properly, can you please debug it? thanks :)
@  Shibo : (14 April 2013 - 09:00 PM) Website looks sweet ^_^
@  Shibo : (14 April 2013 - 09:00 PM) Hey guys, long time :)
@  bbtgp : (30 March 2013 - 12:44 AM) Nice, ill be trying this out later..avatars are back. i just have to restore the main site+blog
@  DJKMan : (29 March 2013 - 05:32 AM) Guys... Playstation Portable Emulator....

Photo

[Guide]Mac OSX86 on HP DV6000

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Souljaboy56

Souljaboy56

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 278 posts
  • Interests:_Gaza Str888
Well I finally managed to install Mac OS X on a very tricky System ! People may think its impossible, but i didi it !

Posted Image

Posted Image

What you are going to need:

Leo4allv3 ( Mac OS X 10.5.2)
ImgBurn
CPU-z
GPU-z (recommended by xerofdv)
A Dual Layer Disc ( Dual layer is not not necessary, but it may give problems on a single layer disc) The Disc must not be rewritable.
A Drive to burn the ISO to the Disc
A USB Mouse
A Usb Keyboard
A Partition formatted as Fat32 or NTFS if you want more than 32 Gigs .
An AMD or Intel Processor
A compatible chipset (dont worry about this because most chipset drivers are included in the install)
An X86 based system
1 Gig of Ram at minimum
64 MB of VRAM (Since apple Uses so many effects, including the Genie effect, i recommend you have 128 MBs Of VRAM

Subrequirements (Use the tools above to meet the subrequirements)

Your computer Must have SSE2 (if you have SSE3, like me, thats even better). To find out if your computer Has SSE2 or SSE3, Open CPU-Z, and you will see a screen similar to this one

Posted Image

Look in the instructions box

Posted Image

And look in it SSE2. If you also see SSE3, that even better.

Posted Image

WARNING: there is an intruction SSSE2, dont let it confuse you with SSE2.

If you have at least, you can continue. if not, you must stop here. Mac OS X cannot be installed on systems without SSE2 or SSE3.

Use GPU-Z to find out if you have at least 64 MB of Video Memory (having 128 is even better, ill show you how to increase it deeper in the tutorial.

Use ImgBurn to burn the Leo4all ISO to a Dual Layer DVD. having a Dual Layer DVD is not Necessary, but recommended to avoid problems. the DVD must NOT be a DVD RW. Rewritable cannot be booted from properly.

Make a new partition for Mac OS X Using windows Apps such as Disc Management, or Partition Magic or bootable tools such as GParted CD Live or any other tool.

NOTE: THE PARTITION MUST NOT BE NTFS FILESYSTEM!! MAC OS X IS NOT COMPATIBLE WITH NTFS, AS IT HAS ISSUES ERASING OR WRITING TO NTFS PARTITIONS.

NeverMind that, if you format a partition as NTFS, Disk Utility has permission to erase it and reformat it.

Now, Since This is an HP System, we need to Modify the BIOS Settings in order to make the DVD work properly.( The ways of entering the BIOS settings may be different for you. For me, i get it with f10) First, for the Better quality, You are going to want to set the VRAM to 128MB. Next you want to change the boot Order. Set you Hard drive at the top of the list. Next and last, We need to set a boot password. Set it as ASDFGHJK.

Now Save changes and exit. Your Laptop Will now reboot. Then it will make a frightening "Beep" Sound, and asks for a password. Do not enter the Password just yet. Open your disc drive and Insert the Leo4all Disc. Shut down you computer and reboot. Make Sure nothing, not even the mouse or keyboard, is connected. only have your charger connected.

Now, here is the tricky part. You are going to have to launch Leo4all as fast as you can.

As soon as the HP logo is on the screen, hit ESC, swipe your finger across the middle row of the keyboard, down, enter as Fast As possible.

Escape loads the boot device screen. but before you are taken there, you must enter your password. Swipe your finger across the Keyboard to type ASDFGHJK. You Dont have to go too fast, but do it quickly. now hit down and enter after the password entry. Hitting down and enter will highlight and select the CD/DVD Drive as the boot drive (Note: if you have 3 or more boot devices, which you shouldnt, you may have to go down more. Make sure you select your DVD/CD drive.). Set up your fingers to press the following

F8
-v
enter

F8 loads the boot options instead of waiting 8 seconds. -v is the command for a Verbose boot. Enter.. is self explanatory.

Now We wait... Give it 15-20 minutes. You should hear your cd drive going crazy. if it gets idle for a moment, its Okay. If it is idle for more then 10 minutes, the bootup failed. this may have happened because you started it up too slow.

If your bootup didnt fail, then we can continue. Check if your trackpad is working. if it is, congrats, you did everything as the right speed. if your trckpad is not working, there will be problems after the install if you continue with a USB mouse. Try again faster if you trackpad doesnt work.

(Assuming you Trackpad and Keyboard works...)

Now that The TrackPad and Built in Keyboard work, we can finally install, OS X. Select your language. The Installer Will be prepared. do not continue until you see the Finder Bar at the Top. Once the Finder Bar appears, Click Utilities, and Open Disk Utility.

When Disk Utility is loaded, Click on the partition you made for Mac earlier. Click the erase tab. by default, the Filesystem is set to Fat32. change it to Mac OS X Extended. Make sure the Volume Name is MacHD or something without spaces. (although in terminal and other applications a space is substituted with a "\", other Applications may not work, even with the sub)

After formatting, quit Disk Utility and go back to the installer. Click Continue. Agree to the Apple EULA. Select the Partition you just formatted. Continue. Now you are at the last screen before the install. Hit Customize.

Deselect The Language translations, as they take over 1 GB of the install space.

If you have an AMD System similar to the one listed in the photo at the top, select AMD-System-Fix.

If you have and SSE3 Instruction, select the Vanilla Kernel.

If you would like, try installing the sound Kexts. if You have a Conexant HD Audio chipset, DO NOT INSTALL THIS.

DO NOT install the Graphics Kext. i Will upload the Kexts to Manually install afterwards.

Install the chipset kexts. this prevents the waiting for root device error.

DO NOT install the Wifi Kext. This Kext is listed, but is not actually on the install disc. if you select it, the Install will Fail and you will have to start all over again.

Now we have selected all our components for the install. Now Click install. give it 40 minutes to and hour. (trust me, time will fly by). Now Reboot. You will see the Darwin x86 bootloader. Highlight MACHD and boot in Verbose with the flag -v [type -v]. OS X will boot. There are some boot problems, but ill explain those later. booting will take 10 minutes.

After it boots, set up OS X according to you preferences. The Set up will prompt you to insert a USB keyboard. The keyboard will fail to install. OS X will as You to press the key to the right of the left shift key, the key to the left of the right shift key. then select your keyboard type. hen you will have to set up AirPort. Wifi will not work, however. down in the bottom left, is a button that says "I connect to the internet a different way..." Or something like that. click that, then select I do not connect to the internet.

Now continue through the installation and, you're done!! Sort of!!

(There Will be two more posts, one with troubleshooting and the other with perfecting OS X.
I would have Made a sig, but i dont know what i can put here. Look at my profile on youtube... watch some videos...

http://www.youtube.c...er/johnathon124

Note: The Process of me re-learning lua is currently suspended. not resume for a while.

Shibo

Shibo

Web-developer

• Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1029 posts
  • Interests:Web-Developing; I'll take the server-side part of the bargain :P
lol? do u have to have a usb mouse and keyboard?

ahh... am so freaked out of formating now...

maybe ill do it next year or so ;) when my laptop becomes really old :)

Souljaboy56

Souljaboy56

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 278 posts
For the install, the Keyboard and mouse arent necessary because the trackpad and keyboard will already work. sometimes the keyboard or trackpad refuses to cooperate with the installer, and then both dont work.

But when Mac OS X is installed and first booted, it will ask for a Keyboard to be plugged in, and you wont be able to continue unless you plug in a USB Keyboard. in fact, i just bought a USB Keyboard today, but since its my laptop, i bought a really cheap and wired one (the wire is really long though!)

The Keyboard i got was a Logitech Classic Keyboard. I got it at Staples for $15.
I would have Made a sig, but i dont know what i can put here. Look at my profile on youtube... watch some videos...

Note: The Process of me re-learning lua is currently suspended. not resume for a while.

DJKMan

DJKMan

• Root Admin
  • 1555 posts
I so hate my laptop. ;) It boots Mac OS X but freezes at the verbose screen right after something about using one style and then something else. I won't even bother being specific because there's no fatal error involved or at least shown. I do have the exact CPU you have though so it SHOULD work...

Could be just the DVD I'm using.
Want to donate to the developers? Please visit this page.
A Simple guide On How To Become The Best Member
Don't worry. I will never forget this site. I'm only simply busy coming up with new things. =]

Check out my new AI project! http://facebook.com/ProjectNikiAI

Thelastthingonly

Thelastthingonly

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts
DJKman try this Distro Ideneb from what i here it runs better on AMD systems then kalyway.

Torrent Link: http://thepiratebay...._v1.4_OSx86_ISO

I get a 800 KBPS down :)

Also try his Distro maybe that would work. OSx86 is really tricky. I think making the PSP OS from scratch would be more easy at some points ;)

Souljaboy56

Souljaboy56

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 278 posts
NO WAIT!!! when i tried installing iDeneb it Hangs repeatedly at bootup. it hangs at different points though, but all in the same area. i dont know if this was because there was no keyboard or if it was because my AMD processor specifically wasnt supported. You can still try installing, but be warned from now so you dont spend an hour installing only to see that it will fail (still that hour will fly by without you even noticing it.)

Thelastthingonly

Thelastthingonly

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts
I wish i had an AMD computer so i could help more :l but im an Intel fan boy XD

DJKMan

DJKMan

• Root Admin
  • 1555 posts
Well, my mom has an Intel laptop and I do have an Intel machine to spare as well and I tried the same DVD that I got from the AMD tutorial (It said Intel and AMD on the torrent) and it still didn't work. It loaded farther than my AMD did but it still didn't work. :/
Want to donate to the developers? Please visit this page.
A Simple guide On How To Become The Best Member
Don't worry. I will never forget this site. I'm only simply busy coming up with new things. =]

Check out my new AI project! http://facebook.com/ProjectNikiAI

Thelastthingonly

Thelastthingonly

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

Well, my mom has an Intel laptop and I do have an Intel machine to spare as well and I tried the same DVD that I got from the AMD tutorial (It said Intel and AMD on the torrent) and it still didn't work. It loaded farther than my AMD did but it still didn't work. :/

Try the Leo4all DVD that Souljaboy56 boy used ;)

Souljaboy56

Souljaboy56

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 278 posts

Well, my mom has an Intel laptop and I do have an Intel machine to spare as well and I tried the same DVD that I got from the AMD tutorial (It said Intel and AMD on the torrent) and it still didn't work. It loaded farther than my AMD did but it still didn't work

Hmmm... Which distro did you use? And exactly what are your system specs (for the computer you desire to have Mac installed on more) ? if it freezes at something about the stylesheet or whatever then there might be an issue with you Video card...

Try going into the BIOS settings and set VRAM to 128MB if you already havent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users